Overseeded on Sept. 16, but it's just too dry

My lawn service core aerated & overseeded (tall fescue) on Sept. 16, and I watered the next morning. The ground was so dry that it took me much longer than usual, and only a few hours later, there was no sign that I had watered. Discouraged, and with time commitments, I gave up. I believe I can commit to watering if I have some help from rains. If we get some rain in a week, say 10 or 11 days after the overseeding, will those seeds still be good? Or, should I have someone overseed again? If so, should they also aerate again? I can still see the cores. Thank you.

Montgomery County Maryland lawn renovation overseeding lawn watering watering overseeded lawn watering lawn

Once your grass seed gets wet and absorbs moisture, you must keep it damp or you will kill the seeds if they dry up again. You may want to broadcast straw over the area to help shade and retain the moisture. Also, invest in some sprinklers and set a timer, moving them around. If you want to salvage your seed, you should do this immediately.

If the seed is dead, it will not germinate and you will need to overseed again. You should do this as soon as possible. You do not need to aerate again.

Please read this over carefully: http://extension.umd.edu/sites/default/files/_images/programs/hgic/Publications/HG102%20Lawn%20Estab...