Very long tuberous plants growing in my front yard

I have searched and searched and cannot identify these.... when I pull one up... the tubers are at least 10 feet long.... they go on and on ripping up my lawn. As you can see, they have invaded my lawn. What are these and how can I get rid of them? Thank you so very much!!!

Monroe County New York shrubs plant identification viburnum maple leaf viburnum

This may be a maple leaf viburnum. This is a beneficial native shrub with good fall color, however it does sucker and grow into thickets. It is wonderful in a native area and highly desirable, but not so appropriate in the front yard obviously.

If you have a natural area and need a good groundcover, you can transplant some of the rooted suckers there. To get it out of the front yard, you can spray or paint the leaves with a systemic herbicide with ingredients such as glyphosate or triclopyr. This will travel down and kill the roots. Be careful when you use a glyphosate product as this is a total vegetation killer and will kill anything it contacts.

Thank you so much! What a wonderful service you are doing by providing a forum for those us less educated on the subject of plants! I am so appreciative of your response.