Large orb weaver in northern Georgia

Found this fairly large spider this morning in backyard. The large orbital web is approximately 2 feet in diameter and is well anchored from a branch 7 ft above and to the grass below. Spider's body (cephalothorax and large abdomen, not including legs) is at least the size of a nickel. Legs are large and fleshy (not spiny) and are long and thick. Color is tan throughout. Spider was fairly shy, and retreated up to the branch about a minute after I approach it. Web was built overnight, as it was not there yesterday evening. Any idea what kind of spider this is?

Cobb County Georgia

There are over 800 species of spiders in Georgia, so despite the detail provided in your description it is impossible to determine the identification without an image.

I apologize, the images were not attached to the submission I received. This appears to be a barn spider (Araneus cavaticus), one of the most common spiders seen this time of year.