Toxin components of sweat bees and fire ants

I have tried to research this but have not been able to find an answer: Is the toxin found in fire ant stings the same chemical composition (or similar) as the toxin found in sweat bee stings? Forty years ago I had a systemic allergic reaction to fire ant stings (hives/welts). Even though stung by wasps several times since then, I have not had the same systemic allergic response as with the fire ants (only localized swelling after wasp sting). This week I was stung by one sweat bee (yellow black variety) and had the same systemic hive/welt allergic response. Is the toxin found in fire ants the same as that in sweat bees (but different from that found in wasps)?

Greenville County South Carolina

The venoms for ants bees and wasps vary considerably depending upon the species. Fire ant venom is very unique and I would be surprised if the components were similar to sweat bees. You can develop allergies and allergic reactions over time to more than one specific protein.

I would highly recommend that you visit an allergist to determine what you are reacting to and develop an appropriate treatment.