Pine tree sap and dying oak trees in my yard

Hi there, why have my pine trees been giving off sap and coating everything from my pic-nic tables ,boat and my lawn furniture, literally everything. I`ve never seen anything like this in 24 years in West Branch, MI? Help!!

I have a more important follow-up query. My oak trees(scrub or red) not sure are dying and every time we have a big wind storm they come crashing down nearly hitting my house. I really don`t want to fell them and I really like them for shade,etc. But I don`t know which ones are threatening my home.

Some people tell me they are dying from "Root-Rot". Many of the trees have full foliage on them and some are sparse but many are in between. I can`t seem to find an Arborist up here, so I am hoping you can expound on these two problems and what I can expect.

To finish, I really can`t afford to remove them, so I hope you have answers for me.

Regards to you(and Sparty), Pat Kilbourn cell # 248.376.7631

Ogemaw County Michigan trees and shrubs pine trees

Thanks Pat for your questions. Do your pines drip sap almost like it is raining? This can be from pine spittle bugs. They are tiny insects that create a foam around themselves as the feed on the tree. They cause dripping on everything under the trees. I see this more in the summer but look for foam on the branches. The oaks require more discussion than works with trading messages. I will have one of our MSU Extension garden hotline team give you a call to discuss these problems.