chicken predator behavior

what predator would leave the head and wings (apparently pulled off) and take the entire carcass of a hen from a fenced area (backyard) in the daytime? This has occurred 3 times in about 6 months.

Shelby County Tennessee

Dear Shelby Co., TN, Thank you for contacting Extension with your Natural Resource questions. I am sorry to be the barer of bad news, but your problem is with a sadistic human. An animal predator will not go through the trouble to dismember a chicken. It would either be eaten 'on site' or carried off in its entirety. Also the brain is very nutritious and would be eaten quickly. In your question, you don't say anything about feathers. Normally with bird meals the only thing left are the feathers. Even if an animal had been eating the chicken and got scared off; they would come back to finish. I trust this helps. - Andy