Trouble with needles drooping on blue Spruce trees.

Hi there.... I have some Blue Spruce trees that are losing needles from the inside out. It's not happening on all of them, only a few. I have checked for bag worms, and not found any of them. I have attached some photos for your review. Please let me know what I can do to fix this issue. Thanks so much.

Howard County Maryland

There may be several reasons for needle drop on the spruce. Usually when blue spruce mature they lose interior needles. This can be due to shade and drought and can happen fast. Blue spruce grow best in higher elevations like PA and western MD. They can be poor choices for other areas.
Also, Blue spruce can be susceptible to Rhizosphaeria needle cast disease. The infection period is long - spring through midsummer. The needles are affected in the fall and needle drop occurs in the spring. Pruning out severely infected branches is the best control method on branches that show sparse growth. If possible water the trees during dry periods. mh