Invasive vines with prickers

I'm trying to identify and hopefully irradicate a vine which is over taking my backyard over the last 2 years. It has large green leaves almost looking like a leaf on a tree. It has a thin stem and sharp pricker on the stem. It is crawling over a 5 foot split rail fence with wire meshing. It is also crawling and attaching to aluminum siding on the house. It is very fast growing. What is it? How do I get rid of it?

Howard County Maryland invasive vine vines invasive mile a minute vine mile a minute

The only Maryland invasive vine (meaning a non-native invasive plant) which has prickers is Mile a Minute vine. Here is a webpage for information: http://www.mdinvasivesp.org/archived_invaders/archived_invaders_2004_10.html

This is an annual vine--it must come up new from seed (berries) each year. So, don't let it produce berries!

If this it not the vine you are fighting, please send us a photo of the plant with a close up of the leaves and an overall photo. Or, give us more info about the plant, such as the shape of the leaf, berries, flowers, etc.