Pink Peace Lily

Hello, just hoping you can help me identify the exact name of this peace lily that I came across in Hawaii. Thank you Susie

Hawaii lilies horticulture

Aloha Susie,
Thank you for your question. This looks like a pink anthurium/spathiphyllum cultivar. There are a variety of pink cultivars used in the landscape that come in all different shades of pink so it's difficult to say with absolute certainty which one this is. That said, I think this cultivar is most likely 'Misty Rose', a commonly used anthurium used in both Hawaii and Florida as a landscape ornamental. It is characterized by its upright and outwardly spreading plant habit; glossy dark green-colored leaves; flat, cordate and pink-colored spathes; inflorescences that are positioned among and above the foliage on strong and erect scapes; and excellent inflorescence longevity with spathes maintaining pink coloration for at least eight weeks. More information about this cultivar, including traits and characteristics can be found here http://www.google.com/patents/USPP14476.

The University of Hawaii has also developed a similar looking pink anthurium cultivar called 'Misty Pink' (UH1069) but it is better suited for cut flower production so I don't think it would be found in a landscape setting.

Hope this answers your question.

Mahalo!

Thank you so much Cynthia, I am thrilled to now know what they are called. I am in Sydney, Australia and plan to try and grow them in one of our garden beds as I think our climate is similar maybe just lacking some of the humidity.

Good luck with your garden!
Aloha,
Cynthia