Back yard chickens in St Clair township ohio?

I will be moving soon to Columbiana county Ohio, St Clair township. I want to own just a few backyard chickens for eggs. I have searched for info. on the subject in this area with no success at all. Can anyone please tell me if backyard chickens are allowed in this area, or direct me to someone who can help me?

Thanks
Lorie

Columbiana County Ohio

Hello & thank you for contacting OSU Extension for answers to your question regarding backyard poultry.

A quick on-line search found an article indicating that St.Clair township doesn't have any zoning regarding backyard poultry. Here is the link to that information: http://www.stclairtwp.com/currentevents.htm.

However, you should contact the St. Clair Township Administration and ask for the Zoning Board. Here is their contact information:

St. Clair Township Administration Building
15442 Pugh Road, Suite 1
Calcutta, OH 43920
Phone (330) 382-1022 or (330) 382-1004

If you should need any further assistance, please feel free to contact the myself or the better yet, the OSU Columbiana County Extension Office at 330-424-7291.

Best Regards,

Teresa Funk