Wisteria run amok

Hi! You ever read the book or see the movie, "The Ruins?" That's my back yard. I did not plant a wisteria vine, but someone did or the birds brought it. My entire back yard is covered with runners and suckers and everything else. I have pulled/cut ropes and ropes of it, take shovel edges to the roots, poured bleach on it. What does it do? Says "thanks" and comes back with even more vigor! I had asked someone at your booth up at the Farmers' Market, and can't recall the type of poison to use. We live on wells in my area, and I hate the idea of using poison in general, but this is ridiculous. I want my yard back, short of dropping some napalm back there. Help!

Anne Arundel County Maryland weeds wisteria vines

Cut back every bit to the ground. As soon as you see the first baby leaves, paint them with glyphosate (RoundUp). Continue to hit the baby leaves with glyphosate until you do not see them any more. It is the persistance that is going to get rid of the wisteria. If you allow it to grow, the root system will be strengthened and it will take that much longer for you to get rid of it. You can also get rid of it by simply digging it up whenever you see it, but again you have to be persistent. vw

Thank you! Wish me luck - I have the persistence!