Why am I finding dead dried-up roaches in my apartment?

I've been noticing some tiny dead roaches in my apartment. They are smaller than 1/4" and desiccated. From a distance they look like dust or lint on the floor. I don't have any live roaches and I'm not too concerned, but I continue to find one or two every day, so I'm not quite sure what's causing this or how to proceed. I'd rather not spray for roaches but I want to avoid something more serious. I live in a small apartment building. Sometimes the common areas and outside are sprayed. Is it possible that these roaches are from outside and dying in my apartment? I'm obsessive about not leaving out food or crumbs. There's nothing in my unit to attract them.

District of Columbia County District of Columbia

It is possible that the roaches are coming from outside or from other apartments. See our publication on roaches for information and control http://extension.umd.edu/sites/default/files/_images/programs/hgic/Publications/HG15_Cockroaches.pdf