Animal Lab Tests Sheep - Oregon options similar to WADDL

Asked August 21, 2015, 12:02 AM EDT

I am looking for a location in Southern Oregon, I line in EP, where I can send in sample to be tested. Either blood or puss. I need to test for CL or other parasitic infections that could be causing this issue with my sheep. Who can I talk with and get info on how to submit for tests? When taking his temperature I found a worm near his rectum and his temp was slightly elevated at 105 degrees My name is Jeff and my number is 541-499-2513 I need help asap

Jackson County Oregon

1 Response

Hi Jeff!

Thank you for your question!

Looking at the pictures that you submitted and based on the symptoms of the animal, it is best to have a veterinarian look at the animal right away. Unfortunately, without seeing the animal in person I can not give any other advice. The veterinarian should also be able to help with the testing you are looking for.

There are several vets in the area that could help. Here are links to a couple that I found close to Eagle Point.

I hope this is helpful and thank you again for your question!