What is the best natural way to get rid of moles in my garden?

I'm pretty sure it's moles instead of gophers because they don't seem to be eating the vegetables, but continue to leave piles of sand.

Carlton County Minnesota mole control

Unfortunately there aren't any effective "humane" ways to rid your property of moles. Relocating trapped wildlife usually results in their slow death as they end up competing with the original residents for food and territory.

You could try to flush them out of their holes with a garden hose. You must locate both entrances and be ready with a pail or some other container to catch the critter as it emerges at the other end.

There are products that claim to be repellents, but we cannot attest to their effectiveness.

It's hard to use live traps with moles, but you could try to locate one at the entrance of their burrows.

Finally, here is information about effective killing equipment:
http://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/yard-garden/wildlife/tips-for-mole-trappers/

Good luck! I hope this is helpful.