Finding freshh fruit and vegetables

My name is Jill Symons. I lead a Weekend Food Backpack program for students at Stroudsburg Junior High School. I am wondering if you have any ideas or resources for helping us obtain fresh fruits and vegetables that we may add to the food we provide students each Friday? We have not started school yet, so you may either reach me by phone at (570) 242-0995, my home email beaner1@ptd.net, or through the email I have listed below. I am also interested in any ideas you may have for providing these students with fresh dished instead of Banquet frozen meals, etc. Thank you for any time you can give me. I appreciate it more than you know.

Monroe County Pennsylvania

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.