Two Questions: Yukon Gold Potatoes and Transplanting Tomato Seedlings

I planted Black Krim and Striped Roma tomato seeds in late April. Both are at least 6 to 8 inches tall. I had more than one seedling in each peat cup; I transplanted the peat cup contents into a larger pot after the true leaves and began to harden off gradually. A couple of weeks ago, I successfully separated the Black Krims and planted them. On the other hand, I tried separating one pot of striped Romas with three in the pot and am struggling to keep them alive; all are extremely droopy, especially the one I left in the original pot. Last week, I planted one in the ground, another in a huge pot (I did this before with this variety with great success) and left one in the pot. I made tent covers to protect them from the strong sun. I'm struggling with the first two and the one in the pot which took the peat cup contents is the most droopy. I separated the ones in the second pot of striped Romas, but have not transplanted them into their final space (pot or ground), because they got so droopy and only seemed to recover when inside. I've left them inside since Saturday and they look pretty good. Question: How much longer should I leave them inside, or should I try to harden them off again by taking them outside gradually for a second time. Next question: I planted some Yukon Gold potatoes on April 22. I've dug a few (good size), but the skins were thin, so I waited a week. Last week when I dug a few more, the skins were thicker and seemed more appropriate for storage; however, when I cut them I saw a ring of brown spots that seemed to penetrate through. I cut the section with the spots off. Any suggestions? Are those spots harmful? Thanks very much.

District of Columbia County District of Columbia

The past two overcast days have been perfect for transplanting the young tomato seedlings, they will do better if planted in the soil. Separating the plants can result in root damage causing the plant to wilt. It may be better to cut one of the plants off rather than trying to separate them.
The black area in the potatoes may of developed from the alternate wet and dry conditions during tuber formation.http://extension.umd.edu/growit/vegetable-profiles-potatoes

ro

System test