weeds

I have found a weed in my pasture in La Pine. I was hoping you can help me identify it. It's leaves are gray-green in color and are narrow. The flower is a yellow bud. Mostly I seen it grow in a circle and spread low to the ground. Like a wagon wheel with 5 branches and can get to 12 inches or more in diameter. But it can grow upright as well. When it goes to seed the flower makes a small white puff ball like a dandelion. I have been pulling these weeds out all year long until the ground freezes. What else can I do to remove them from my pasture? I am trying to keep this weed from spreading to other parts of my property. I appreciate any help you can give me on this weed problem. Thank you. Celeste

Klamath County Oregon

Celeste,

It is very hard to identify from the photos. The basal photo looks simulator to a Salsify but the stems and flower look more like a Sowthistle. I am unable to make a positive id from the photos. If you could send a few more detailed photos it might help but no promises. I hesitate to make a treatment recommendation until we can identify the weed. Sorry I am not much help, I will forward the photos on to a few other individuals and see if we can get the plant identified for you.

Pete