Am currently having a 13x31 breezeway built between the house/garage. A 4 ft ...

Am currently having a 13x31 breezeway built between the house/garage. A 4 ft high crawl space will be created and I'm hoping to use this as a root cellar. Addition is with footings and cement block about 5-6 feet and being about 2 ft above ground level. It will be accessed by a trap door in the floor of the breezeway. My question is about the ventilation, would it be better to go out the side of the building with ventilation pipes or go out the top of the roof. My concern about going out the top of the house is the height, will that create the proper ventilation for my veggies/fruits. I live in Northern Minnesota.

Minnesota home ownership

Thank you for your question for eXtension. The topic area in which you've made a request is not yet fully staffed by eXtension experts and therefore we cannot provide you with a timely answer. Instead, if you live in the United States, please consider contacting the Cooperative Extension office closest to you. Simply go to http://www.extension.org, drop in your zip code and choose the office that is most convenient for you. We apologize that we can't help you right now, but please come back to eXtension to check in as we grow and add experts.