Transplanting saplings from NY to PA

Asked August 6, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT

Do you see any problem with transplanting tree seedlings from a property in New York (Hudson Valley, Dutchess County) to a property in Pennsylvania (Norristown)? I don't want to spread soil diseases or unknown pests, etc. Thanks.

Dutchess County New York

1 Response

The Pennsylvania Department of Ag would be the regulatory agency that could tell you if it is legal to bring the specific plant into the state. The phone number for the Bureau of Plant Industry is 717-787-4843.