Best Worms for Ground Soil

I want to buy some worms for my soil-not for raised beds or composting of food, etc. Have done research on them, am confused and can't find what I think is best. I live in Aloha OR, have clay which has been tilled to 5-7" and amended with Cedar Grove Organic Booster Blend Garden Soil a few times over the last 7 years. Which worms are best and where can I buy them. I don't wish to cultivate them myself. Thank you very much!

Washington County Oregon worms soil preparation

Thank you for your enthusiasm on behalf of welcoming earthworms to your garden. Inviting them into your garden will be easy if you create conditions where they do well: Moist soil enriched with plenty of compost. In other words, you don’t need to buy any worms. Instead, it’s a matter of enriching the soil and they – the worms -- will come.

A general recommendation is that gardeners incorporate at least 2 inches of compost each season. The main reason for adding compost is that it helps improve your clay soil for growing vegetables. A side effect is that it creates conditions conducive for healthy worms. Incorporation works especially well the first several years and then, if you prefer, you can use a slightly more low tech method by simply adding the compost to the surface of the garden and allow the worms and other soil creatures incorporate it for you.