Wool from 60s, 70s, and 80s and chemical safety

I am looking at 100% wool army surplus pants from West Germany, Sweden, and France, and also New Zealand 80% wool, 20% nylon shirts from the 80s. Being army surplus, wool is actually affordable! My concern is that, being from the 1900s, and especially from foreign countries, the wool was treated or dyed with harmful chemicals and metals.

I would appreciate it if anyone could help me know if the pants or the shirt; either are likely safe. I am in a bit of a hurry to know. thank you!

Missaukee County Michigan

Thank you for your question for eXtension. The topic area in which you've made a request is not yet fully staffed by eXtension experts and therefore we cannot provide you with a timely answer. Instead, if you live in the United States, please consider contacting the Cooperative Extension office closest to you. Simply go to http://www.extension.org, drop in your zip code and choose the office that is most convenient for you. We apologize that we can't help you right now, but please come back to eXtension to check in as we grow and add experts.