"Sick" peach tree

We recently bought a house in Silver Spring that has a peach tree in the yard. It is a few years old and produces immature, unripe peaches. I've noticed the peaches are now developing blackish/brown spots. I've never used any pesticides or fertilizer on it. Anything I use will need to be pet and child safe. I'm wondering if my tree is diseased and if so, can I cure it? I would also like to know when my tree will start producing mature fruit and what can I do to help the process along? Thanks very much!

Montgomery County Maryland fruit peach

It is extremely difficult to grow mature edible peaches in Maryland without spraying fungicide for brown rot, which your peaches almost certainly have. If you spray with a fungicide (sulfur being the "organic" spray) at ten day intervals from bloom stage to two weeks before harvest, you might get edible peaches. The most important sprays are when the blooms are 5% and 90% open. Take a look at the following link to find guidelines for growing peaches. http://extension.psu.edu/plants/gardening/fphg/stone vw