Access to webinars
Hello! I received information from an early intervention provider connected to the military about the August 6 webinar on social emotional development. I am the director of the Part C early intervention service network in NW Florida and wonder if this webinar would be accessible to our providers, most of whom serve children whose parents are active duty or civilian contractors. I registered, but noted that no special access information was provided, and there is a log in field on the website. Thanks for your help with this - Debbie Goldberg
Escambia County Florida
Debbie, First of all, the Military Families Learning Network is thrilled at your interest in participating in our August 6th webinar. The answer to your question is, yes. This webinar is accessible to your providers. All of the Military Families Learning Network professional development opportunities, including webinars and virtual learning events, are free to the public to access.
The webinar on August 6, 2015 begins at 11:00am EST or 10:00am CT. To access the webinar:1) Go to the webinar Learn Event Page
2) The Learn Event page will ask you to register for the event. You can register in advance, at the start time of the webinar event, or anytime during the live webinar in order to access the event.
*If you register in advance, make sure you mark your calendar. There will not be an email reminder of the event.
3) After you register, there will be a location link listed on the webinar Learn Event page where the registration was originally located. This link will take you to the webinar login portal. You can find the location link in the gray box on the upper right-hand corner of the Learn Event page or listed directly under the title of the webinar on the Learn Event web page.
*On the date of the webinar, please click on this link. The webinar portal, which will grant you access to the live webinar event on August 6th, will open 30 minutes before the webinar begins.
4) You will be directed to a web page title “US Department of Defense Warning Statement" when you click on the location hyperlink on the webinar Learn Event Page.
5) The next page will ask you for your first name, last name, and organization affiliation.
*Click “Next” once you have entered your information
6) You will then be granted access into the webinar portal.
*Please remember, the webinar portal will only open 30 minutes before the webinar.
*For this webinar, you can access the portal to login in at 10:30am EST or 9:30am CT. The webinar does not officially start until 11:00am EST or 10:00am Central time.
7) Upon gaining access to the portal, you will see the webinar PowerPoint displayed in the center your screen, a list of participants present for the webinar on the top left-hand side of the screen and an active chat pod on the bottom left-hand side of the screen.
*At this point please, sit back and enjoy the information being discussed.
Please make sure you are logging in using either Chrome or IE for your browser. Other browsers are not highly compatible with the DCS system. If you continue experiencing difficulty, you may join via Ustream at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/milfamln.
Also note that a full recording will be posted to https://learn.extension.org/events/2097 within 48 hours of the August 6, 2015 webinar.
The MFLN FD Early Intervention team appreciates your interest in our webinar. We look forward to seeing you there on August 6, 2015 at 10:00am CT or 11:00am EST time. Thank you for inquiring about participation in our webinar event.
~Christina Rackley Herron
Thanks for the prompt reply, Christina. We are always looking for resources for our early intervention providers, and this looks like an excellent one! I am particularly interested in increasing awareness about the critical importance of social/emotional development. I will let our state Early Steps (Part C) office know about you. Does the MFLN have any formal relationship with OSEP at the Fed. DOE office?
Thank you for your interest in our MFLN Family Development webinars we look forward to having you and your colleagues participate in the professional development opportunities that we offer.
Regarding your question, we do not currently have a formal relationship with Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) (http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/osers/osep/index.html) of the Federal DoE. However, Jennifer Masoodi (http://osse.dc.gov/service/specialized-education-early-intervention-program-idea-part-c-monitoring-and-compliance) serves as one of our early intervention content experts.
Feel free to contact Sarah Baughman (http://create.extension.org/node/97080), MFLN National Project Leader. She can certainly give you more information regarding our professional affiliations. You can reach Sarah Baughman via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (540-231-7142). She’d be happy to talk with you. Take care and thanks again for your interest in MFLN Family Development.