Pruning blueberries in August-September?

My neighbor has blueberry plants which have not been pruned in years. They are too dense, too tall, and have some broken branches. An article I read says to prune in February or March, but I won't be here to help her. The plants are nearly done fruiting now --- so can we prune them in August or September?

Clackamas County Oregon

Dormancy in January or February is a good time to prune blueberries. You should start the pruning process by knowing that a regular program done annually is best for your plants. Then think about removing one old cane that is getting woody and not as productive each year for each six canes on your plant. Ideally your plant should not have more than a dozen canes. These older canes should be cut close to the ground. You can also remove any small twiggy growth from the ground or lower limbs that does not have many fruit buds. This type of pruning will allow better berry size to develop. Thinning out non productive or dead branches anywhere in the canopy is also a good practice.