High Potassium in my lawn

My lawn has been suffering for 8 years with a high ptassuim level- 585-385. No one seems to know what to do about it or what caused it. The lawn is very thin.Help!

Tuscola County Michigan

Hello, I'll try as best as I can to answer your question.

MSU Turfgrass Research did a research study on high potassium rates with golf courses. The link is below describing the results.

http://archive.lib.msu.edu/tic/mitgc/article/199138.pdf

No noticeable differences were found with high potassium rates effecting other nutrients.

In my years of making lawn recommendations, a high potassium test would mean apply no potassium till further soil tests indicate need.

It would be very helpful to me if you have a current soil test to please share it with me so I can analyze what else could be going on such as too high or too low pH, low phosphorus level, calcium and magnesium.

I would be glad to visit with you as well in trying to figure out what is going on with your lawn. I can be reached at hudsonh@anr.msu.edu or (989) 670-8145 cell.