non family care givetr

Asked July 22, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT

I live in Michigan and have been paying out of pocket for a non family caregiver. My bank account is depleted. I am disabled and my daughter has special needs. My daughter just turned 18 and lives with me. Where do I need to go to get financial help to pay our caregiver?

Charlevoix County Michigan

1 Response

The Area Agency on Aging of Northwest Michigan provides consumer information about services and support for people over 60 years old and for people with disabilities. They have an intake specialist who can address your particular situation, and help you locate the appropriate program in northwest Michigan that may be able to help your situation. Call 231-947-8920 and ask for Rhonda, Care Management intake specialist.