Can you provide guidance for permaculture?

My husband and I are new to Wyoming (Park County, north of Cody, about 30 miles). We live in a high desert and I recently read about permaculture and think it could work great for us. However, being from the Midwest and having knowledge of traditional gardening, I'm not sure where to start. I have found lots of good books that are recommended but would really like someone with firsthand knowledge for some guidance. Any suggestions?

Park County Wyoming permaculture jlk

Glad to hear that you want to try permaculture, even in the high desert. The best person to contact is Bobbie Holder, who is a horticulturist with UW Cooperative Extension, Park County, and is recently certified in permaculture. She can be reached at 307-527-8560. She is part-time with limited office hours, but she will get back in touch.

Hi Rachel,
I am back in the office after a week off. As Catherine said I only work part time but would be happy to sit down with you and talk about some Permaculture options. I generally work on Tuesday 8-12 1-5 and Wen and Thur 11- 2:45. I do have some group meetings and programs that keep me out of the office so making an appointment is a good idea. The number to my desk is 527-8566 or email bholder@parkcounty.us Are you in Clark?
Bobbie Holder Horticulturist technician, Park County Extension