Yellow leaves on my orchid plant

I have had my orchid since May of this year and notice the problem a month ago. The leaves are turning yellow. From reading about orchids I understand that this is the natural cycle of this plant, so new leaves and roots can grown in the summer and fall. I do not see any new growth of leaves, but also do not see any dark slimy spots. I give it 5 ice cubes a week and do not see any extra water at the bottom of the pot seeping out. I give it moderate but not direct light. My house is usually at 80 degrees, but when it gets to 84 degrees, I put on the A/C and it drops to 79 degrees. The symptoms have remained the same, with leaves turning yellow and falling off naturally. I have bought Miracle-Gro Orchid Food. I have not used it yet, as I wanted advice on how to proceed. This plant is very special to me, and has a very special emaning to me. I have attached a picture and appreciate any advice you can give me. Thank you!

San Joaquin County California houseplants orchids

We suggest that you remove all dead and dying material, which includes all of the black material especially.You can also trim off the yellow leaves.
Be sure when you use the ice cube method of watering that they don't sit directly on top of roots or leaves. Is this where this plant usually is? It needs bright, with even some direct sunlight. They also like humidity, so a misting, or a tray of damp pebbles beneath the plant is beneficial. If your area is warm and you are able to put it outside, it will be happy in a part part shady/dappled sun spot outdoors.
Orchids grown under the right conditions rarely need feeding. You can give it a small amount if you like, but not too much as many overfertilized plants produce lush foliage growth at the expense of flowering.
You should contact your local Extension in California for orchid growing information and possible pests or diseases in your area.