Meals of Seniors

Some can get meals on wheels but the others don't qualify but need some level of help. For myself I am limited in standing so I eat a lot of processed food. I can get lettuce and fruit and open a can. But I don't remember how to put it all together for a healthier menu. Do you have a program for seniors that have limitations? Thank You

Prince George's County Maryland fcs

Good Afternoon,

Many thanks for asking this question, as it is very important to us that you are inquiring about ways to get more information about how to put certain food items together to make your diet healthier. I work for a USDA-funded program called Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP), where we work with limited income families with young children. Since you are a senior, I would like to direct you to one of our sister programs, called Food Stamp Nutrition Education (FSNE or SNAP-ed). Perhaps one of our FSNE agents might be able to assist you with locating nutrition education classes in your community. I'm not exactly sure which county you live in, but I can provide the contact information for the Prince George's County FSNE agents who could lead you to the right resource. Please feel free to contact via e-mail or via telephone one of the following FSNE agents:

Ms. Deborah Archer, FSNE Leader at 301-779-2806, ext. 701 or via e-mail at darcher@umd.edu
or
LaTasha Coleman, FSNE Leader at 301-868-9410, ext. 434 or via e-mail at lcolem4@umd.edu

Hope that one of these ladies is able to further assist you with where you can go to take a nutrition class to help you start eating a healthier diet.

Have a wonderful afternoon,

Denise Benoit-Moctezuma
EFNEP Supervisor, Prince George's County