Hobby Farm

What are some resources for researching how to start a hobby farm

Kentucky agriculture new farmer hobby farm

I really need to know what area you are looking for. The UK College of Food and Environment has several areas in which you can gain information on various topics. If you can be more specific I can help provide you with more information. What is the size of your farm and type of land that you will be farming? Where is the farm located?

I currently live in Paducah. I currently rent and have been thinking about buying 2-5 acres and maybe have a few animals, garden to maybe in clue some grapes. I have a 4 1/2 yr old grandson and would like to introduce him to caring for animals, garden, etc.
Is there monies available to assist a veteran with a grant/purchase?

I would suggest that you contact the Ag Extension Agent for your County and they can help identify any programs available. You may be able to apply through Ky. Dept. of Agr. for Veteran programs. If you need help in contacting the Ag Agent please let me know and I will get you in contact with the appropriate person.