Asked July 17, 2015, 4:06 AM EDT

We have purchased a bobcat from Montana. Now I have been researching and found the only way to own a bobcat in Wy. is when it is for educational reasons. We are in the process of building an outside place for it with a large sized shed and 6 ft. fencing. It will be an indoor cat. What can we do to get a license for this cat and make it legal to own it. We have already purchased and the kitten will be ready for pick up at the end of this month or the first week of August. It is coming Montana. I also need to know the law about crossing the state line with this cat. Please answer soon, we realize we are making at least a 25 year commitment with this cat and know it eats about pound of meat a day and all its dietary needs. Thank you. and our phone number is 347-3124

Washakie County Wyoming

1 Response

Thank you for your question for eXtension. The topic area in which you've made a request is not staffed by eXtension experts and therefore we cannot provide you with a timely answer. I would suggest contacting the fish and wildlife office in your area.