Damage of Red Bud Tree

I received a red bud sapling from the Arbor Day Foundation 2 years ago and planted in my front yard in a residential development in Walkersville, MD. It grew and put forth lots of leaves this year and appeared very healthy. Over the course of the past two weeks, some of the leaves at the tips of branches dried up to a dark color. At the same time, some of the leaves along the branches began dying from the stem out and subsequently falling off the tree. I'm wondering what is going on and how to remedy this? I have pictures that I could e-mail to someone if I receive an e-mail address.

Frederick County Maryland trees and shrubs redbud trees branch dieback

You can attach photos to this response. Save the pictures to your computer. Give the photo a name you will recognize and send it to a familiar 'place' in your computer files. In order to attach it, simply click on the 'Browse' button, find your photo in the computer file, double click on the photo and it will be attached to the question.