Sour Cheery Trees - No leaves - Appear to be Dead

I have two sour cheery trees that appear to be dead. Sprouts coming up from base of trees. One is mature having given fruit last year. about 5 - 10 years old. One is new, no fruit, about 2 - 4 years old.
Should I cut them down?
The trees are 10 - feet apart.
The trees are at 380 Pierce Street, Lakewood, (in town)

Adams County Colorado trees and shrubs

The damage you are seeing is likely the result of the sudden early November frost we experienced last year. Many plumbs, cherries and other woody plants were damaged or killed by this event.

You can check for green tissue just under the bark to assess if a branch is still alive. Normally if a branch is brittle that is also a good indicator. However, because it has been so moist many dead branches are currently soggy which can make them misleadingly supple. A branch which is dead this year will not come back to life next year.

Weather or not you should prune out the dead and give the tree a chance is a personal choice but with many of the sour cherries I have observed there would not be much a of a tree left after you take out the dead wood. It might be better to stat over. If the growth is going from the roots it acctually is not the varriety of tree you planted but the root stock it was grafted on to.

Sorry about your tree, it was a bad year for woody plants along the Front Range. If you have further questions please let me know.