chicken mites

I have been reading about the different mites on here. I am pretty sure I have some bird mites in my home. I have read some conflicting information on bird mites on the internet so I found your site and my question is : You all say that the northern fowl mite and some others cannot live and reproduce on human blood alone and will eventually die. Is it the same with the chicken mite? I know they can live longer without feeding but can they continue to live on human blood and keep reproducing? Thanks

Owsley County Kentucky wildlife damage management human-wildlife issues urban integrated pest management invasive species chicken mite chicken mites

Chicken mites can live in the cracks and crevices for several months without feeding. Chicken mites do not live on birds. They just come out to feed, typically at night. chicken mites cannot live off humans.