Oak Leaf Hydrangea - can I grow it in my yard?

I am planning a garden renovation for a shady front yard and want to plant some oak leaf hydrangeas. I'm reading conflicting information about the amount of sun they need - can you help me? My yard is shady from a high canopy of trees, gets some dappled light, faces west. Is there one variety of OLH that might do better than others? I would prefer one with a height of 4 - 6 feet. Thanks so much!

Montgomery County Maryland

Oak leaf hydrangea is tolerant of all sorts of sun or shade situations and would be a good choice for your yard. There are several good cultivars that you could consider. Go to your local garden center and see which ones that they have that look good and then google them to see what the internet has to say about them, their eventual size, etc. Snow Queen is one appropriate cultivar that comes to mind. vw