equine

May I have my horse , who is boarded else where visit my home, residential, for pleasure only for no more than 24 hours at a time. Or does that break an ordinance.

St. Joseph County Michigan

That is an interesting question. It really depends on the rules in your community. You should contact your local government to find out. Start with the zoning administrator if there is one, if not ask for the village/city manager or township supervisor. It would really probably depend on if your residential area allows animals and of course you would need to explain to them how you would board the animal and take care of their waste. My suspicion is that it would not be allowed if animals are not allowed in your residential area but if they are there could be some sort of permit or allowance made if you have a compelling reason to board the horse less than 24 hours. If you need more guidance please contact me again.
Julie Pioch, piochj@anr.msu.edu