Sanitizing float trays in a hydroponic green house

Hello! I was told to contact this extension office in hopes that someone would be able to help me. I grow and sell microgreens on a very small scale. I use styrofoam float trays. I am unsure of what the best way to sanitize them while following the organic guidelines would be. Do you have any suggestions? Are there any resources you could pass along? Thank you so much for your time! Jess

Marquette County Michigan

Hello Jess,

I forwarded your question to Ginger Nickerson, Outreach Coordinator for the Produce Safety and Good Agriculture Practices (GAPs) program, run by the University of Vermont Extension Center for Sustainable Agriculture.

To get you the most useful answer, Ginger would like to discuss some details about your operation. She has requested that you contact her directly (your email address is not visible to us through this system) and, if possible, provide a phone number that she can reach you on.

Her contact information is as follows:

Ginger Nickerson
GAPs Outreach Coordinator

Website: Produce Safety and Good Agriculture Practices (GAPs)

Email: gnickers@uvm.edu

Office Phones: M,W:(802) 656-5490; T,Th,F: (802) 223-2389
Cell Phone: (802) 505-8189

If you have any problems reaching Ginger, please let me know.