general name for 'influencing muscle (tissue)'?

Asked July 10, 2015, 4:39 AM EDT

Is there a general name for chemicals/medicine that have an influence on muscle (and therefore on the heart)?
Like 'carcinogens' is a general term for cancer inducing elements?

Outside United States

1 Response

Carcinogens is any substance that has been known to increase the risk of cancer. I'm not aware of a general term for elements that may affect muscle or large organ function.