Help! Yellowing Leaves!!

Hi. I am square foot gardening with two plots. I was late putting my plants in this year and did not make my usual soil amendment mix. I just threw in some bagged organic potting soil and Nature's Care Organic "Really Good Compost" from the Home Depot. I must have been out of my mind when I purchased these without first reviewing them. I am an organic gardener, and other reviewers on the HD site have found inorganic materials and suspect that it is half cooked and not organic. It is not certified but I wasn't sure if these products would be. Other reviewers have had the same problems with leaf yellowing of previously healthy plants. I fear I have also contaminated my old soil which I had carefully tended over the last four years with blended amendments and I was more sure about. So both beds exhibit yellowing leaves, and pea seedlings are not sprouting (I know they are not season appropriate but my kid wanted to try). I fear they are all dying. Horrible! Anyone else had this problem? Any advice? I don't know if they will make it another week.. Heartbroken and foolish, Leisha

Centre County Pennsylvania

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.