Looks like a bee but stings multiple times..HELP!

Hello! I really need some help here. A few weeks ago I was sitting watching my chickens and what I thought was a bee landed on my face. I stayed still but it stung me anyway! I obviously moved away quickly and it followed me stinging me again on my face and arm before I finally killed it. Knowing that wasps, not bees, sting repeatedly I was convinced it was just a wasp not the ground "bees" by my chickens coop. Well a few days later another came at me and looked just like these ground "bees". So I dumped bleach down the holes I knew of, and felt guilty. I few days later I saw a couple trying to get in the old holes to the hive but had no problems.
Today one went after my dog!!! She got stung several times before I got it focused on me...and finally killed it. I'm really confused and don't know what to do. They can mess with me but not my furry kids! I know how important bees are and love them...whatever these are, they have to go. Any advice would be greatly appreciateThank you!

Bucks County Pennsylvania

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.