What's wrong with my zucchini plant?

Can you tell me what is wrong with my zucchini? This is the third year in a row that it started very healthy and then withered and died. It is wilting from the bottom again. I see no bugs and I soil tested last year and corrected several mineral deficiencies. The zucchini has been in several different garden locations but the same thing keeps happening. Help? Susan Grant, Pasadena

Anne Arundel County Maryland

The photo of the squash looks unusual and we are not sure why the foliage looks much lighter. Part of the plant looks wilted and other parts look okay possibly because of the wet weather we have experienced. However it looks like the other plants are doing well.
Some reasons for wilting include the squash vine borer, a pest of squash. Look at the lower stems for signs of frass. Vines wilt from the feeding. See information on squash vine borer.
You can try replanting and cover the plants until flowering with a floating row cover. http://extension.umd.edu/growit/insects/squash-vine-borer