LOW MAINTENANCE GRASS

Dear Expert, I have a small area behind my home which at this time has been excavated and backfilled with a rough grade of native clay soil. I would like to plant a low profile grass that needs as little maintenance as possible. I expect to put a layer of about 3-4 inches of top soil cover and then plant some grass. The area is on the south side of my home. I might even consider putting down rolled sod. I have several small dogs which will need to use this area, but because of age and other responsibilities I need to have as little extra work as possible. This area is about 10' x 40' which for these small dogs will be fenced. Your advice for this grass application would be most helpful. Sincerely, Herb 100% disabled service connected veteran

Douglas County Oregon

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.