Japanese Beetles

What can I use to kill Japanese Beetles? My grape vine, beans, etc. are being destroyed by these pests. We've tried Bonide insect spray but are still having a lot of them.

Boyd County Kentucky insecticides pest management japanese beetles boyd county kentucky horticulture

The bonide beetle killer should be effective however, you probably need to spray a few times - at 7-14 day intervals - the label will tell you how often to spray - one application is usually not sufficient to get good control. You can also try Sevin spray as well but again you will need to spray every 7-14 days through the season. You may also look into treating your lawn the end of july first of august for grub worms as some of the grub worms are the larval stage of Japanese beetles and this may help to reduce your numbers for next year.