Bed bug?

I sent an email yesterday offering to mail a bug I had trapped and wondering if it is a bed bug or something else. I decided to take some photos rather than use the mails. i have attached them next to a quarter to indicate size. Can you please give me your opinion of the type of bug? It was found in a bed. The occupant of the bed has some bites. Many thanks.

District of Columbia County District of Columbia

Yes, these are bedbugs. You need to hire a professional pest control company to eradicate them. You cannot handle this by yourself. You will need to take many steps to help, but you cannot do the chemical treatments necessary.

Please read over the information on bedbugs in our website. Look under Publications, then in the Pest Control section.

Also, put 'bedbugs' in our search engine. And, look at the Links in the Information Library--there are many good ones.

This needs to be addressed quickly. However, you can certainly get opinions and estimates from more than one company before deciding on one.