All my barberry bushes have new growth but a faded color on the leaves. I...

All my barberry bushes have new growth but a faded color on the leaves. I pruned back severely in fall because of misshapen bushes due to the previous winter's snow. Can these be treated?

Polk County Wisconsin disease issues fruits and berries horticulture

I presume you mean by "treated", restore the color to what it used to be. It depends on what is causing the fading, and that could be stress, fertility issues or disease (likely not insufficient moisture this year). You don't mention what cultivar you have; that might make a difference. You should contact your local county UW-Extension office (http://counties.uwex.edu/) and the horticulture educator or a Master Gardener Volunteer should be able to help you determine the problem and remedy. They likely will need to ask you more questions about your unique situation and may want to see photos of the leaves to know what you mean by "a faded color".