Hi folks finally had a new black walnut tree come up in our yard this spring....

Hi folks finally had a new black walnut tree come up in our yard this spring. Doing ok but developing black spots on a few leaves and stem. We have had tons of rain and wondering if that might be the problem. Yard is full of mushrooms as well from moisture

Wayne County Michigan

Please send me a photo of the tree and leaves (attached). The photo sent is not a black walnut leaf.

Folks I went back and edited before I got an answer I did show the tree and put 3 pics of it and leaves. Funny how just a couple leaves don't look black walnut the rest do
thanks
bill

The root ball if u call it that when we replanted was growing out of a walnut

With the cool wet spring fungal diseases are common on shade trees. I'm thinking it may be walnut anthracnose. Here is a link to information:
http://msue.anr.msu.edu/news/walnut_anthracnose_is_putting_an_early_end_to_many_leaves
With all leaf fungal diseases there is nothing you can do at this time. Fungicides work preventatively. Treating for walnut anthracnose is not recommended.