Egg on bottom of Blueberry

Hi, I brought some blueberries from my local supermarket which had been imported from Spain. When I got them out I noticed on the bottom of one of them a white egg. It was slightly covered in like a white fluff. I took it off the blueberry and cut it open. It had a tough shell and when I opened it some cream coloured liquid came out. I pulled out what was inside and it was like a gueey thing with 3 black dots. 2 dots at the top of the gueey thing and then one black dot at the bottom. The egg shell was see through. I have tried googling it and the closest thing I have found it a caterpillar egg. I would like some advice on what you think it could be as I was concerned it could have been a spider egg but I suppose they would be in a nest of eggs and wouldn't have a liquid in their individual egg. Any info would help thanks

Outside United States food safety blueberries

Hi:

Without a picture it will be very difficult to identify what you found. Information about the size, shape, texture, color, etc... could help but a picture showing the specimen next to a ruler would be best.

I am including a link to the University of Michigan Extension Service "Key Blueberry Insect Pests & IPM" by Dr. Rufus Isaacs, Department of Entomology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan . It might help identify what was found.
.
http://www.isaacslab.ent.msu.edu/Images/talks/Key%20Blueberry%20Insect%20Pests%20and%20IPM%20%20-%20...

Thank you for using eXtension.

Hi

Thank you for your quick response.

I did not take a picture of the egg, however, it was a white coloured egg from the outside, tough shell to cut open, once the creamy liquid had come out it was left with a stringy like thing with 2 black dots one end and 1 black dot at the other end. The egg shell was then clear/see though once all the inside was out. It was a round shape and was about 4 mm long and about 3mm wide. it was found in the calyx of the blueberry. I hope this information helps. Thanks

Hi:

I sent a link to an identification guide. Was it helpful?

I would need a good picture or set of pictures to at least attempt to identify. That "egg" was probably an insect egg but cannot provide more than that without pictures. Sorry.

Thank you for using eXtension.

Hi I have found it on another blueberry and have taken some pictures. I have one of the egg and the insect inside. I have compared the size of it to a tooth pick
Thanks
Jo

The best option would be to submit the specimen and/or the pic to your state entomologist through your local Extension office.