Cushaw squesh

I have small vine Idid some research and found that the seeds are hard to find which bring me to the how can I perserve the seeds and for how long

Louisiana

Cushaw Squash seed is available from sources such as www.sowtrueseed.com or www.johnnyseeds.com or www.seedsavers.com. If you wish to save your seed, allow the squash to grow to maturity. The skin of the squash will become harder and the color may deepen as it approaches maturity. Harvest the squash and remove the seed from inside. Remove as much of the membrane from the seeds. Spread the seeds in a single layer on newspaper and allow to dry. When seeds are dry enough to remove from membrane, collect and clean seed. Place cleans seed in morning sunlight for 6 hours to bring seed moisture down to less than 8% moisture. If dew or rain falls on seed, the drying process starts over. Put dried seed in a moisture proof container and store in refrigerator or freezer. Seed may be kept on a shelf in your house for 1 year without much decrease in germination. Seed that is properly dried may be stored for many years if stored dry and at temps below 40F. Good luck with saving seed! Hope this information helps.