Asked June 4, 2015, 4:24 PM EDT

We have a natural artesian well that serves as our only water source for our family. We do have recorded water rights. The land owners easement for a logging road to access the 1000+ acres to be logged runs 3' from the well water. They have given 25' on each side and 100' up the back of the well, but nothing in front. What are my rights?

Lane County Oregon

2 Responses

These cases are best handled by the watermaster for the local area, as each case can be different. The local watermaster is Michael Mattick. Here is his contact information.
Michael Mattick, District 2
125 East 8th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97401-2926
Ph: 541-682-3620

Thank you for this information. I have already been in touch with him and didn't get anywhere.