camellia appears to have leaf scorch

I have a camellia that is approximately 15 feet tall and 20 years old. The camellia looked fine last year. As I ventured out to do my spring gardening after this winter, I see that most of the leaves on the camellia are now brown. The camellia only had a few blooms on it this spring which is quite unusual as there are usually many flowers and buds, etc. I've applied no fertilizer or any chemicals to the camellia in the past year. Could this damage be from cold weather of the past winter? The camellia has been beautiful and hardy for many years. The camellia is in mostly sun with a little shade. Any suggestions you have are appreciated. I want to know if I should have a licensed arborist trim the tree now or what steps may be recommended. Thanks very much.

Baltimore County Maryland winter injury evergren trees

The plant suffered winter injury due to the cold winds , drying winds of the past winter. The brown leaves will eventually drop off. As new growth appears the tree should recover. Suggest fertilizing with an organic product ,like holly tone Prune out any dead limbs as they appear.

ro